It is common for people to suffer from mouth ulcers, which are sometimes called canker sores or aphthous ulcers. These blisters develop on the tongue and in the mouth lining. A mouth ulcer usually heals on its own and requires no treatment.
Mouth ulcers are caused when the top layer of cells breaks down, revealing a hole in the lining. Depending on the number of dead cells and food in the center, some can appear red or white. Blisters can also look like raised sores filled with clear fluid.
Diarrhea, abdominal pain, and bloody stools are some of the symptoms of UC, which cause inflammation in the colon. UC can also cause mouth sores.
What Mouth and Stomach Ulcers are?
1. Mouth Ulcers
Mouth ulcers are painful, and small pimples types form inside the mouth. The name canker sores also know them. They can appear anywhere in a person’s mouth, such as on the tongue, lips, gums, or even inside the cheeks.
The visual representation of these pimples is that they are round or oval shapes with a white or yellowish center and are surrounded by a red border.
2. Stomach Ulcers
The name ulcerative colitis or peptic ulcer is also known as stomach ulcer. They are caused or developed on the stomach lining or can even be caused in the large intestine. And they can also occur in the small intestine’s upper part, the duodenum.
A bacterial infection often causes these types of ulcers. And this bacterial infection is called Helicobacter pylori (H.pylori). This ulcer can also be caused by the long-term usage of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also known as NSAIDs.
Mouth and stomach ulcers are common conditions that usually occur in the person’s body, and this causes discomfort and pain. They can be healed by medication or even the use of ayurvedic remedies. One can get rid of them with the proper remedies or medication, which can help alleviate pain and promote healing.
Causes of Ulcers-
There can be many causes of ulcers due to which a person can suffer, which brings a lot of pain and discomfort. A person who suffers from an ulcer finds it difficult to chew or inhale the food into their stomach.
Some of the causes which can lead to ulcers are mentioned below –
- One major reason for the mouth ulcer is the excessive heat inside the body, known as pitta, according to Ayurveda.
- Another reason can be injury caused to the mouth. For example, when a person eats food or anything, they may bite their tongue or cheek, resulting in ulcers.
- Poor oral hygiene
- When a person has nutrition-deficient food, then also ulcers may occur.
- Hormonal Changes
- A person prone to excessive acid production has a high chance of getting stomach ulcers.
- It can also be caused by infection with Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
- Long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or even painkillers.
- It can also be caused by the weak lining of the stomach and intestines, which are there to protect the stomach.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption
- Stress and some psychological factors
Also, Watch Our Video
Symptoms of Ulcers-
Many symptoms are caused, and a person can experience when they are prone to ulcers. They can be painful and affects the place whenever they occur in the mouth and stomach. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below for both mouth and stomach ulcers.
- So much pain in the affected area.
- Burning Sensations
- Difficulty in eating or drinking or even food. This can be more with spicy or acidic foods.
- Irritation or sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
- It can be seen more when it shows the formation of white or yellowish sores with red borders.
- Dull or pain that is burning in nature in the area of the upper abdomen.
- Heartburn or acid reflux.
- Vomiting or the feeling of nausea.
- Always having the feeling of fullness.
- Loss of appetite.
- Weight loss
- Dark or black stools indicate bleeding.
- Indigestion and burping.
These are some of the symptoms that can be seen or felt by the person, and these can be taken seriously when they feel a frequency of symptoms and are not recovered. They should consult a doctor to seek medical attention to get proper medication and treatment.
Ayurvedic Remedies for mouth and stomach ulcers-
Some of the ayurvedic experts suggest some ayurvedic remedies, and they tend to be as effective as allopathy medicines. But sometimes, allopathy medicines can cause allergies or infection, but ayurvedic remedies are always affection and have no side effects on any person’s body.
Some of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below –
1. Dietary Modifications
When a person suffers from an ulcer in their mouth or stomach, it is highly recommended that they follow a strict and specific diet. Specific diets include avoiding food made of wheat, rice, and milk for three days. And they should start taking or consuming coconut water, fruits, salads, and sprouts.
This will help them to cool down their body and will help them in supporting the healing process.
2. Fasting for Stomach Ulcers
Any person suffering from a stomach ulcer should be on periodic fasting. Periodic fasting can be beneficial for recovering from a stomach ulcer. They can consider fasting two to three days a week and should repeat this pattern for about a month or a half months.
During fasting, she should be on a liquid diet, such as having vegetable juices, herbal teas, and fresh fruit juices. This allows the stomach to rest and helps support the healing process.
3. Herbal Remedies
Ayurveda offers many herbal remedies which can be very helpful in supporting the healing of mouth and stomach ulcers. And these herbal remedies are always suggested by Ayurvedic experts. Amla is one of the prominent ones which helps get rid of ulcers.
Other remedies such as liquorice root, neem, and turmeric, which are also known for their anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. These herbs, which are mentioned above, can be consumed as powders and capsules or can even be prepared as decoctions that help recover both the ulcers that are the mouth and stomach.
These are some of the ayurvedic remedies that can help relieve pain and help heal the ulcer.
Mouth and stomach ulcers are very uncomfortable and cause much pain. One should be aware of what causes ulcers and should be away from that things. And if they face any symptoms, then they should follow or take some medications or any other Ayurvedic remedies by consulting Ayurvedic experts.