India is a country with a huge population, and everyone is suffering from different diseases. More than half of the population is affected by many serious problems. The reason behind this is lifestyle. People enhance their living standards, due to which they have to suffer from many people. In the past year, there has been less amount of disease or Roga in the country, but as time flies, it spreads and affects everyone.
In our lifestyle, consumption of alcohol, intake of fast food, Unhealthy diet, etc., affect our body parts, and after ages, the person has to suffer from a disease like diabetes, heart problems, etc.
What is diabetes according to Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is an ancient science that deals with all problems. Nowadays, nearly 11 percent of people are suffering from diabetes. Diabetes refers to Madhumeha in Ayurveda, which means sweet urine. It occurs due to an imbalance of doshas in the body. It has two types, i.e., diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Diabetes mellitus is known as Vata Prameha and diabetes insipidus is called Kaphaja Prameha. Ayurveda believes in removing the disease from its root.
It has the power to cure patients who are suffering from diabetes. In ayurveda, Madhumeha has 20 types, of which four types occur from Vata doshas, six from pitta doshas, and ten from Kapha doshas. It weakens the immune system, due to which a person will be unable to fight another disease.
Cause of diabetes
There are the following causes or Nidana of diabetes.
- Physically inactive
- More sleep during day time
- Intake of sweet food
- Intake of curd
- Intake of kaphaja aahar
- Heavy food intake
- Oily and fatty food
Signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Pins and needles are like pain
- Loss of eyesight
- Itching in skin
- Slow healing of the wound
- Weight loss
Also, Watch out the video on Ayurveda’s Insights on Diabetes and Heart Health
Treatment of diabetics in Ayurveda
Diabetes is a common health problem that affects adult people. In ancient texts, the treatment of diabetics is done by many herbal medicines and panchakarma therapy. The treatment is done on the condition of Rog and Rogi (disease and patient). The aim is to increase the insulin level in the body.
1. Panchakarma therapy
Panchkarma helps to remove toxins from the body. It consists of abhyanga, Swedana, Basti, and Virechana for diabetic patients.
People who are suffering from diabetes have certain stress levels, which increase sugar levels. Abhyanga helps to relax the body’s muscles and improve the circulation of the body.
The process helps to open the pores and clean the system. It eliminates toxins along with sweat.
It eliminates toxins from the rectum. Medicinal oils are given in the anal region of the body. Oil like Madhuyashtyadi thailam and Kwath like Madhuyasti kwacha are used.
It is a therapy that removes toxins from the body, which are stored in the gallbladder and liver. It helps to clear the GI tract and make organ light for proper function.
The vital organ is an important part of the cardiovascular system. Our life is nothing without a heart. But what if this small organ is affected by any disease? Nowadays, the majority of people get affected by heart problems like heart attack, heart failure, unstable angina, high blood pressure, Arrhythmia, congenital heart disease, and many more.
The heart is primarily the site of doshas like Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Mainly pitta doshas are responsible for causing heart problems in a person. So it is important to maintain your pita to cure the disease.
According to Ayurveda, the main reason for heart problems is dhamani Pratichaya and Dhamni Kathinya, which means complications in arteries.It is vyadhi of raswah srotas. The main doshas are Sadhak pitta, awlabhak kapha, and Vyana vayu.
Reason for heart disease-
Many acharyas give different thoughts about heart disease. But the common reason is as follows-
- Excessive use of Vasti and Virechana therapy
- Excessive Vamana
- Vega Dharana
- Rough or dry intake of food
- Intake of hot food
- Alcohol consumption
In Ayurveda, heart disease is divided into Vatajah Hridaya Roga, pitta Hridhya Rog and Kaphaja Hridhya rog, and all these types are cured by Ayurveda.
Sign and symptoms-
The signs and symptoms are different for all heart problems. It depends on which heart problems you are suffering from.
Some of the common signs and symptoms are-
- Chest pain
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain or indigestion
- Feeling sweating
- Leg pain
- Choking sensation
- Swollen ankle
- Extreme fatigue
- Irregular heartbeat
Treatment of heart disease in Ayurveda
Many herbal drugs are used in the treatment of heart disease-
- Guggulu:- Guggul ( Comniphora Mukul) is used as ayurvedic medicine. It helps to increase lipoprotein, which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Arjunarishta:- It enhances the health of the heart and reduces cholesterol and blood pressure level. It is seen that taking Arjunarishta for a month, the HDL level increases, and the Level of LDL decreases. It has many antioxidant properties which can protect the heart from damage.
- Pushkar mool:- The herbal drug is used as a supplement. It reduces the cholesterol level in the body. The medicine of Pushkar mool is present in juice, powder, tablet, and extract.
- Jatamansi:- The herb is present in India only. It is also used in the treatment of the nervous system. It protects the heart and protects it from conditions like heart attack.
- Amla:- Amala is an all-rounder drug which means that it helps in the treatment of many problems like stomach ulcers, liver, heart, diabetes, and many other diseases. It increases the immune system of the person and lowers the cholesterol level in the blood.
Book your appointment for treatment of Liver and heart disease-
Ayurvedic treatment with natural herbs and medicine is the best way to cure any disease. HIMSS provides safe and effective treatment for the patient with diabetes and heart disease. Recently, the hospital organized an Ayurvedic camp for the treatment of different problems. Contact our friendly support team for any queries.