Yoga has numerous advantages, ranging from improved physical health to emotional well-being and spiritual growth. Yoga offers something for everyone, whether you are a novice or an experienced yogi. You can improve your overall well-being and live a happier, healthier life by including yoga into your everyday practise. So why not give it a shot and discover for yourself the great benefits of yoga?
What are Arishtams?
Arishtams are Ayurvedic medicines produced by fermenting herbs, fruits, and spices in water with honey or jaggery. The fermentation process can take one to three months, during which time the mixture is mixed and strained on a regular basis. The end result is a powerful beverage high in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Arishtams are said to offer numerous health advantages and are often utilised to treat a wide range of diseases.
How do Arishtams work?
Arishtams operate by enhancing digestion and metabolism, which is critical for overall health and well-being. The herbs, fruits, and spices used in Arishtams are carefully chosen for their distinct properties and mixed in such a way that their particular effects are enhanced. The fermentation process degrades the active compounds in the herbs, making them easier for the body to absorb. This produces a strong tonic that can assist enhance digestive system function, stimulate the immune system, and promote general health and well-being.
Read More: Is Diabetes Curable in Naturopathy?
Benefits of Arishtams
There are many benefits of Arishtams, including:
- Improves digestion: Arishtams are well-known for their ability to promote digestion and metabolism, which is critical for overall health and well-being.
- Immunity booster: Arishtams are high in antioxidants, which aid to improve the immune system and protect the body from infections and disorders.
- Aids in weight reduction: Arishtams can aid in weight loss by improving digestion and metabolism as well as lowering inflammation in the body.
- Reduces stress and anxiety: Arishtams are known for their relaxing effects, which can aid in the reduction of tension and anxiety.
- Treats respiratory problems: Arishtams are frequently used to treat respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and coughing.
- Promotes healthy circulation and reduces inflammation: Arishtams can help enhance skin health by reducing inflammation and encouraging healthy circulation.
How to use Arishtams?
Arishtams are normally used orally, usually as a tonic. The recommended dosage will differ depending on the individual and the Arishtam in question. Before utilising Arishtams, it is critical to follow the recommendations provided by your Ayurvedic practitioner or to visit a trained practitioner.
Arishtams can be consumed alone or in combination with water or another liquid. They should be consumed on an empty stomach, preferably in the morning or evening. Arishtams should be kept cool and dry, away from direct sunlight and heat.
Read More: Top 6 Ways To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
Types of Arishtams
Arishtams come in a variety of flavours, each with its own distinct combination of herbs, fruits, and spices. Arishtams that are regularly utilised include:
- Ashwagandharishtam: This Arishtam is derived from Ashwagandha, a herb known for its ability to alleviate stress and anxiety.
- Dasamoolarishtam: Made from ten different herbs, this Arishtam is often used to treat respiratory disorders such as asthma and bronchitis.
- Punarnavasavam: Made from the Punarnava plant, this Arishtam is noted for its ability to improve liver function and reduce inflammation.
- Aravindasavam: Made from the Aravinda herb, this Arishtam is often used to alleviate digestive disorders like as constipation and indigestion.
- Brahmi Arishtam: Made from the Brahmi herb, this Arishtam is known for its capacity to increase cognitive function and memory.
- Saraswatarishtam: This Arishtam is a herbal mixture that is often used to treat mental health issues and conditions.
Arishtams are an important aspect of Ayurvedic medicine and have been used to cure a range of disorders for thousands of years. They are created from a blend of herbs, fruits, and spices fermented in water with honey or jaggery. Arishtams are well-known for their potential to stimulate the immune system, promote weight loss, reduce stress and anxiety, and cure a number of health ailments. Arishtams are a wonderful tool for anyone looking to improve their health and welfare through natural medicines because of its numerous advantages and long history of use.
Read More Article: A Unique and Effective Ayurvedic Panchakarma Treatment by HiiMS