Blood pressure is the pressure of blood against the wall of blood vessels. Arteries carry the blood from the heart and transfer it to the other part of the body. It is divided into high blood pressure and low blood pressure. Most people get affected by high blood pressure due to their lifestyle. In Ayurveda,aahar -vihar is the main reason for any disease.
These unhealthy diets and lifestyles affect the doshas of the body. Vata dosha is responsible for the production of blood pressure. It comes at the top list of cardiovascular systems. The normal blood pressure ranges from 120/80 mm Hg where 120 mm Hg is systolic blood pressure and 80 mm Hg is systolic blood pressure.
Hypertension is a condition called Raktagath Vata which means Vata dosha gets lodged in Rakta Dhatu or blood and causes disturbance in its circulation.
Reason for High Blood Pressure-
It is a lifestyle disease that is caused by improper living standards of a person.
Some of the main reasons behind this serious problem are the following-
- Lack of sleep or rest
- Consumption of oily food, salty and heavy food.
- Alcohol consumption
- Family history of heart disease
- Tobacco intake
- Poor or unhygienic lifestyle
Also, Watch Our Video on Ayurvedic treatment on Sugar, BP and Thyroid
Signs and Symptoms-
There are many signs and symptoms of blood pressure.
Some of them are-
- Bleeding from nose
- Chest pain
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood found in urine
Treatment of High Blood Pressure According to Ayurveda-
There are many herbal drugs which are used as a treatment for high blood pressure.
It is known as the king of herbs. It helps to cure high BP. It enables the body to cope with stress and maintain blood pressure. It helps to slow down the stress level.
It is a herb for mental health but according to research, it also helps to cure hypertension.
Thyroid in Ayurveda-
In India, many women are suffering from thyroid problems. The thyroid is a gland that presents in front of the neck. In thyroid disease, if the hormone production is increasing then it causes hyperthyroidism and If the secretion decreases, then it is called hypothyroidism.
Ayurveda believes that the Imbalance of pitta doshas in the body causes thyroid. The metabolism process of thyroid hormone is controlled by pitta doshas.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism-
- Irregular heartbeat
- Increase of appetite
- Weight loss
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Weight gain
- Puffy face
- Weakness of muscle
- Dry skin
- Thinking of hair
- Muscle aches and stiffness
Treatment of thyroid in Ayurveda-
Ayurveda believes to remove the cause of any disease from the root. It helps to cure both the problem i.e.hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. Hyperthyroidism is due to an imbalance of pitta dosha and hypothyroidism is due to kapha dosha.
There is panchakarma therapy and several herb drugs are used in the treatment of thyroid problems.
- Chandraprabha vati:- It is a herbal drug that is made up of 37 ingredients. It helps to reduce the swelling and pain of the thyroid gland. It helps to control weight and balance thyroid hormones.
- Guggulu:- The herb is used to treat the condition of hypothyroidism. It helps to burn fat. The drug is extracted from the Commiphora mukul. The capsule is also used to decrease the weight of a person with hypothyroidism.
- Hakam churna:- It is made up of 4 ingredients like ajwain, methi, kalonji, and chandrashoor. The combination of drugs helps the thyroid gland perform its function. It maintains thyroid levels in the body and increases energy. It also helps to enhance the circulation and digestion of the body.
Some panchakarma processes like Vamana and virechana are used to balance pitta doshas in the body.
Diabetes in Ayurveda-
Every person in India is suffering from diabetes. In Ayurveda, it is caused due to the imbalance of Kapha Doshas. It is known as Prameha or Madhumeha in Ayurveda. The main reason for having this problem is taking kapha vardhak aahar or intake of that food which increases the Kapha doshas in the body.
It affects medieval and Mutra Vaha stotras of the body. There are 10 types of kapha Prameha,6 types of pitta Prameha and 4 types of Vataja Prameha.
Reason for Diabetes in Ayurveda-
The following reasons for Prameha in Ayurveda are as follows-
- Intake of kapha vardhak aahar
- Intake of more milk
- Vega Dharana
- Intake of cold, sweet and oily food
- Intake of heavy foods
Signs and symptoms
- Frequent urination
- Pins and needles are like pain
- Loss of eyesight
- Itching in skin
- Slow healing of the wound
- Weight loss
Treatment of Diabetics in Ayurveda
Many herbal drugs are used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus or Prameha-
The natural herb is best used for the treatment of diabetes. It helps to control the blood sugar level in the body. It boosts the immune system of the body and prevents the other symptoms of Prameha.
It is best for people who are suffering from diabetes. It helps to stimulate the secretion of insulin and accelerate wound healing in diabetes.
It is another herbal drug that is used to maintain sugar levels in the blood. It has antilipemic properties which reduce cholesterol levels in the body. It helps to reduce the symptoms of diabetes like frequent urination, burning sensation, weight loss etc.
Many panchakarma therapies are given to the patients of Prameha.
- Vasti:- It eliminates toxins from the rectum. Medicinal oils and decorations are given in the anal region of the body. Oil like madhuyashtyadi thailam and Kwath like Madhuyasti kwacha are used.
- Virechana:– It is a therapy that removes toxins from the body which are stored in the gallbladder and liver. Doshas are removed in the form of feces. It helps to clear the GI tract and make organ light for proper function.
Book Your Appointment for Treatment of Diabetics, Thyroid and High BP-
Treatment from herbal products is the best way to cure any disease. HIMSS Hospital provides safe and effective treatment for a patient suffering from diabetes, high blood pressure and thyroid. Call-8270482704 to book the appointment or any queries.